Update: Trump said that while he hopes that talks will lead to a favorable outcome, the US military is remains ready to act if necessary.
The comments represent a return to the menacing Trump rhetoric of last year.
Trump added that the talks could still take place as originally planned.
- *TRUMP SAYS CANCELLATION OF KIM SUMMIT BASED ON KIM’S STATEMENTS
- *TRUMP: ‘TREMENDOUS SETBACK’ FOR NORTH KOREA AND THE WORLD
- *TRUMP: U.S. MILITARY IS `READY IF NECESSARY’ REGARDING N.KOREA
- *TRUMP: HAVE SPOKEN WITH LEADERS IN JAPAN, S.KOREA ON N. KOREA
- *TRUMP: MAXIMUM PRESSURE CAMPAIGN ON NORTH KOREA WILL CONTINUE
*TRUMP: IT’S POSSIBLE THAT A KIM SUMMIT COULD TAKE PLACE
*TRUMP LEAVES OPEN DOOR FOR POSSIBLE KIM TALKS IF CONDITIONS MET
And stocks are paring an earlier drop…
* * *
President Trump is speaking publicly in just a few minutes. He’s expected to be asked questions about his decision to cancel a planned summit with North Korea, which rocked markets this morning.
Sadly, I was forced to cancel the Summit Meeting in Singapore with Kim Jung Un. pic.twitter.com/qEoi9ymUEz
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 24, 2018
Relations with North Korea started to unravel earlier this month as the US and South Korea were preparing for joint military exercises.
What will Trump reveal about his decision? Or will he decline to comment altogether?
The post Watch Live: Trump Says Military ‘Ready If Necessary’ On North Korea appeared first on crude-oil.news.